Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Worthy Burger, South Royalton, Vermont

This place is aptly named--they do make a worthy burger.  This is the second railside dining establishment that I ate at on a recent trip to Vermont, and it was very impressive.  They serve burgers and beer primarily, and their selection of both was delicious.

My family had the grass fed local beef burgers, but I am not a fan of the traditional burger, so I was more interested in the other three menu options--they were out of the fish by the time we dined (we were there on a Saturday evening, and it was definitely hopping at 6pm, but either they don't make many of them or they are very popular, because sometime between 4 and 6 customers who came before me claimed them all.
So I opted for the ground turkey with duck confit burger--very yummy, and the duck prevents it from being as dry as traditional turkey burgers can be--given the attention to detail the establishment has, I would try the veggie burger next time if I miss the fish a second time around. 

The dise are quite good--the French fries are good, but nothing special.  The side salad I had was delicious, with a berry dressing and a mild chevre on baby greens.  The pickles are house made and fantastic.  We got an appetizer special as well--chicken wings, which we shared a dozen of and could have easily had another round had we not been so full--they were delicious.  The beer on tap is remarkable, and this is a definite find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment