Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Gravity (2013)

Once again, I am not with the masses on a movie. One of my kids pointed out that I did not smoke any pot before I saw the movie, and I did not go to see it is a 3-D theater.  That is true and true.  Either or both might have helped, but neither is on my movie going agenda.  It did make me I wonder how many people who voted for it were in either of those two states.

'Gravity' is visually stunning in an other worldly slow moving sense.  The scenes of two astronauts out in space, dodging debris and calmly fixing something broken while floating in a zero gravity atmosphere is both serene and surreal.  That was cool.  If it had lasted for 1/2 an hour I would probably have loved it.  Sandra Bullock is in incredible physical shape, period, and when you consider her age, it is astounding.  She floats around in very little clothing, and if I found that more entertaining it might also have helped.

I do love the work of Alfonzo Cuaron.  'Y Tu Mama Tambien' and 'The Children of Men' are incredibly different and visually striking, which this movie shares.  It just failed to hold my attention for the 90 minutes required to get to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment