Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

Moroccan Lamps, Lanterns, and Lighting




Sometimes you bring home everything that you see on a trip that appeals to you and sometimes there is so much that to have it all is just not possible.  The later was my experience on my recent trip to Morocco--to give you an idea of that, I got home over three months ago and I am still writing about it.  I will not be able to write all that I think about Morocco either!

One of the things that I left for the next trip is a glimpse of the Sahara Desert, which is a popular tourist destination, and the other very appealing thing that I left behind was a Moroccan light.  I love the metal lampshades that are ubiquitous--they come in all shapes and sizes and patterns, and the light that falls upon the room walls is magical and artistic and reminds me of long ago tales of North Africa.

The one glitch in my love affair with Moroccan lampshades is that I live in a Vicotrian house that was built in the American Civil War--it is just not the sort of house that you can picture being lit up with Moroccan lights.  That is the part that I have to figure out before I go back--exactly where would I put such a beautiful light to fit just right into the space that it is in.  In the meantime, I have the memories of what I loved--and one of my friends has some of these magical lights in their house and I can visit them there.

2 comments:

  1. At present we can see that lots of establishments are crowding the cities and urban fields. Buildings such as commercial ones where we purchase what we want like our clothing, cosmetics, household needs, entertainment and leisure needs and the like.. Industrial properties are buildings or plants where what we demand and what we desire is being made or being acquired.For an industrial office space to operate, we need materials, employers and ideal office things. These office items may include office desks, exhaust, air con, dividers, jot board and industriele vloerlamp (Industrial floor lamp)
    To know about various types of attractive industriele vloerlamp, you must Visit Our Site Meubel Trend Nederland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information on Morocco lamps.

    ReplyDelete