Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Moroccan Slippers

I arrived in Morocco having seen pictures like these in every guide book I looked at--and it was not an exaggeration--these slippers were everywhere.  They come in many different shapes and colors.  Some of them have backs and some of them dont.  Someof them are wide toed and someof them have the pointed toes.  They come with embellishment or plain.  It was very clear fromt he very first day that it would not be hard to find these shoes.

 I knew that I needed to get a pair of the pointed toed Aladdin shoes, even if I rarely wore them, because they are so iconic of the place.  I bought them at the leather cooperative in Fes, where I first learned that tanning leather is a very smelly business indeed and that I have an unaccoutnable love of goat skin that I will endeavor to deny for the sake of goats everywhere.  I bought a pair, and in retrospect I wish that I had bought quite a few pairs to give away.  they are inexpensive and marvelous at the same time.  Not to mention that they bring a smile to your face when you see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment