Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Stir Fry Zucchini in Yogurt Sauce

I got Madhur Jaffrey's cookbook Vegetarian India, and I have been cooking my way through it a little.  My youngest son wants to eat more Indian food, and while this is certainly not what he wants to focus on (he loves the many breads that come from there), it is my chance to cook new vegetarian foods.  My first attempt at this was good, not exceptional, but I do think it has a place in a zucchini recipe arsenal.

2 lb. zucchini, sliced in about 1/4" slices
3 Tbs. plain yogurt
1/2 tsp. tumeric
1/4 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. salt
ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
whole mustard and cumin seeds

Heat up a frying pan with oil and add seeds until they pop, then add zucchini and fry for several minutes, until it starts to soften a bit.  Mix the rest of the spices into the yogurt.  Lower the heat and add some of the yogurt, one tablespoon at a time, until the dish has the flavor and texture you are pleased with.  Serve either hot or room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment