Search This Blog

Friday, February 9, 2018

A Toast

As years go, this was an incredible one for both food and travel with my spouse.  Here we are in a two Michelin star restaurant in Chicago recently doing exactly what we love best.  A bit of travel, great friendships, wonderful imaginative food, a bit of wine to add to what the food, interspersed with a bit of walking, and a charming museum.  We did not plan it to celebrate our anniversary, but it was better than anything we would have purposely put together, I can assure you.
It's been a year of running scared, for me at least.  I finished chemotherapy almost a year ago, and since then, I have felt a little bit like a sitting duck, waiting for the other foot to fall.  I do very much hope for the best, but it is really tough to ignore the odds, and so I have been doing a bit of hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.  That can be a very hard kind of partner to live with, I fear.  So hoping to calm down a bit in the next year, and to continue to zealously pursue the things that are fun in life, and am thankful to have such a wonderful spouse to share it all with.

No comments:

Post a Comment