Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2018

Oceans 8 (2018)

The truth is that I really did not like any of the recently done Ocean movies, and I never saw that original that spawned the remake, so maybe it was a lot to expect that I would like this one.  I did wait until a transatlantic flight to watch it, because I am almost always more forgiving when I can do almost nothing but sit, but that did not help.
I thought that maybe the all female cast would sway me in their favor, and while it is a truly awesome line up of female actors, who are seemingly having fun working together, that was not enough.
Here's what is good.  It’s a heist flick, carrying on the tradition of Ocean’s trilogy, with all the elaborate machinations you’ve come to expect from the series. It is crime as high art—which is fitting, given that the robbery this time takes place at The Met Gala, the annual fashion extravaganza at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art, which is all about how you dress and what you wear, as much as who is invited.   Slickly paced and radiating sexy glamour, this film moves with the swagger of a supermodel prancing down the runway.  That and the female power theme are well done, and if you like that, this might suit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment