Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Mastering Pizza by Mark Vetri

This was the October selection for the Food 52 Cookbook Club, along with his book on mastering pasta.  One thing that I really like about this club is that the cookbooks are not always ones that are current or that I have even heard of.  Not that I have my finger on the pulse of cookbooks, but I am a very respectable home cook, and I give a few cookbooks as gifts during the holiday season.
This is a master class on different types of pizza dough.  The book is set up for total customization. Among the pages are almost twenty different pizza and focaccia dough recipes with dozens of variations and over forty different toppings and fillings. Vetri states, “My promise in this book is that I will help you make better pizza in whatever oven you have with whatever dough you want.” The dough is explained every step of the way, ingredient by ingredient and cooking method by cooking method, so you learn the complete process.  There are detailed explanations related to each type of dough, and the take away message from the group was that everyone made their best home pizza after reading this, regardless of what their level of experience was.  It made me want to get a home pizza oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment