Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2019

Roasted Peppers Stuffed with Ricotta and Herbs

I made this because at the end of the fall my CSA still had lots of peppers and I wanted to do a side dish that highlighted them.
I used a recipe from Diana Henry's new cookbook, From the Oven to the Table, but there are literally so many ways to make this you certainly do not need to seek that one out.
I start by cutting the peppers in half and seeding them.
I toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and start to roast them in a 400 degree oven until they are just getting soft.
This allows for the peppers to have a developed richness of flavor, regardless of how long the filling needs to cook.
The filling starts with whole milk ricotta, and for every 6 oz. of ricotta add an egg to it.  Then add other cheeses for flavor.  Options include goat cheese, Parmesan, grated Gruyere, the list goes on.  I used a flavored fresh sheep milk cheese in mine, which allowed for the pepper flavor to dominate.
Then add salt and pepper, a minced clove of garlic, chiffoned fresh herbs, even some steamed spinach if you like that.
Then stuff the peppers, top with panko or chopped nuts, and bake for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment