Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Another Year!

So much about the year that has passed since my spouse's last birthday has been exceptional.  Our youngest son graduated from college, leaving us with all four as college graduates.  I never really understood how worrisome that all could be but I get it now.  We have had an incredibly rewarding time getting to know our granddaughter, some thanks to us but most of it thanks to my son and DIL traveling far and wide to make that possible.  While I think there is a lot to be said for the parental learning curve to travel with children, it is completely exhausting, and we really appreciate their effort.  It is also a new role for us in our relationship with each other, and that has also been a very fun thing.  Change is always something to grapple with, but this has been joyous.
The things we do together that enrich our lives had a good year as well.  We traveled early and often, enjoying a record number of exceptional meals on three continents.  I did not have a great cooking year, but my has had one, and our circle of loved ones has truly benefited, yet again,  from his unquenchable yearning to make new and better food.  We took two cooking classes in Thailand this year, and I hope we see more of that in the next year, because in no time we make better Thai food than we can buy locally.  So here is to another great rotation around the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment