Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Bons Voyages Dans La Nouvelle Année

Here is my wish for the coming year.  It is that I continue to be able to travel to spectacular places.  Having cancer brought home to me loud and clear that making the time and saving the money to travel and to spend time with the people that you enjoy is something that you can't put off.  I am also realizing as I get older that it is not as easy as it once was for me to adjust to differing time zones.  This makes for some interesting conundrums, as I still have a full time job to sandwich this all into.
So here is where to start.  I hope to do a number of long weekends, which take smaller amounts of vacation time and can be a good way to see a city.  As an example, I saw a posting on social media from a college friend related to how many great things there are at her local museum right now and it got me thinking "I should go to Boston to see some interesting exhibits at the Museum of Fine Arts and to take in a lobster roll or two."  I am hoping to be more intentional about visiting family as well.  I also hope that when I am home that I learn some new cooking skills, practice the Thai cooking that I learned there, and just get better in that arena.  Book, movies, doing some quilting, and now that I think of it, it sounds like a very full year.  I am also hopeful that my knee arthritis improves and that I avoid falling the whole winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment