Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2019

For The Love of the Game (1998)

In my house, we watch a lot of movies that are chosen by our youngest son.  He watches about 10 movies a week, maybe more, so we do not watch every thing that he does by any means, but we do to a greater or lesser extent follow his lead on choices.  Especially when he is in school and we are in a all hands on deck mode for reading and studying.
This is a Kevin Costner sports movie, but it is more of a romantic drama than a straight ahead baseball movie.  He plays a pitcher who is at the end of his career who is looking back over both his career and his relationship with a woman in a linked sort of way.  He doesn't come out smelling like a rose, as you might imagine, but in the end I enjoyed it.
Baseball is a game that I grew up with and while I follow absolutely no sports, it is the game that I have seen most.  I have no love of professional sports, but I have very fond memories of Dodger Stadium (having not known it's history when I was there as a child).  So it is a warm spot for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment