Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Spiderman: Far From Home (2019)

I have boys.  Lots of boys.  And therefore I find myself more or less trapped in the Marvel Universe.  I am not even sure exactly how it started.  As a child I was deeply involved with Batman (which looking at it now some 50 plus years later, it was horribly written, completely overacted, and so really, part of it is that I have some basic attraction that is innate).  But somehow over the last twenty or so years there have been so many Marvel movies with so many separate as well as overlapping plot lines that I seriously can not keep up.  So here I am, watching yet another one, and choosing to not yet tackle End Game, because even on a long haul over water flight, I do not have time to do three hours of something I can barely follow the story thread on.
This one, in contrast, is pretty straight forward.  There is something to the back story with Iron Man that I didn't catch the first time around, but is not necessary to know--in fact most of the movie makes sense just within itself, so that is good.  I find the young Peter Parker to be a likable enough guy, and the story started quickly and gathered momentum to the now expected surprise ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment