Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Gemini Man (2019)

I watched this movie because it was on a short list for Oscar nomination, so when there were not that many movies available either streaming or in theaters, but we quite a few names that were possibles, I got down to work at seeing those I could.  Not necessarily my most successful effort.
Here is the thing.  At core, this movie is a bad story that makes no sense and fails in so many ways. It’s inconsistent, it doesn’t earn its emotional bursts, it presents a shallow examination of its themes (which are serious and worthy of consideration), and it feels like a movie made from a synopsis of an idea rather than a fully formed story with a beginning, middle and end.
On the upside, the cast has terrific chemistry together and are likable.  There are some top-notch action sequences pushing the envelop with new technologies that I don't totally get, but I hear are noteworthy.  All the movie needed was a good story to hold it all together and turn it into a win... which is the crucial ingredient the film lacks.  Good airplane movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment