Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2020

Sheltering in Place

 My spouse and are both health care workers and so for us it has been a rhythm of work then home then back to work.  He is an ICU physician so he will remain at work until he is sick while there is a chance that that I will transition to home only. 
So we feel in the heart of it.  At work there are furious preparations amidst a nation wide PPE and mask shortage.  This is unconscionable and the poor federal response to this will likely reverberate for months if not years.  There is nothing to say other than Republicans have blood on their hands already and we are at the very front end of this battle.  While they are worried about bailing out corporations they blanch at the cost of ventilators.  Any non-billionaire who thinks they give one scintilla about the worker needs their head examined.  And I am a professional.
The upside is that there are a lot of silver linings to being at home.  Yes, I have become an unrecognizable germaphobe.  When was the last time I chloroxed down my home and work space?  Washed my hands 30 times a day?  Never would be the answer.  But I have also returned to cooking in a big way.  I did not realize that I had strayed so far from making all my own food, but I had, and the food in my house is much better when I participate in making it.  Yes, we should explore safe ways to keep our local restaurants that are offering pick up service, but for the first two weeks we have been making do with delivered groceries and our own devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment