Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2020

Wake the PoPo up Before They GoGo

I cannot say how much I dislike the terminology around this concept, which is juxtaposed with how much I like this solution.  I do think there are a lot of things that need to be done immediately about police brutality, with this being the longer term goal and the ousting of those police officers for whom humiliation and brutality are a way of life, probably both on and off the job.  I also, while we are at it, want to stop focusing on how many people are killed and instead say that what we saw with the murder of George Floyd was just how casually brutality was meted out and how accepted it was by fellow officers as just another day at work.  I have been disgusted by the displays of police gassing peaceful protesters in a respiratory disease pandemic.  They are reaping what they have sown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment