Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2020

Granola a la Mary

I took one vacation this past summer.  I am still learning to live in the time of COVID, to be my best self in the midst of a disease that is not only unrelenting, it is not being adequately addressed by my government, so it is time to stop being angry about that.  Other than voting there is really nothing more I can do about that.  So figuring out the new way forward, I also learned to make the best granola while I was in Wyoming.

5 c. oats

6 c.  whole nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts)

2 Tsp. vanilla extract

2 tsp. almond extract


2/3 c. olive oil

1 c. maple syrup

1 tsp. kosher salt

 

Toss together, put on two baking sheets spread out.

Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, toss, and cook another 20 minutes.  It will be soft when it comes out, but will crisp up as it cools.  




No comments:

Post a Comment