Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Love Punch (2013)

It is not only the pandemic.  I came home from religious services and found that I had lost vision in one eye, which is an emergency to get evaluated.  Unfortunately, my detached retina had progressed further than what was needed for emergency surgery, so I had merely urgent surgery, and really couldn't see clearly at all.  One eye was patched, the other dilated and I couldn't quite fit my glasses over the whole apparatus.  So a super light movie is what was called for, and this delivered beautifully.

Pierce Brosnan is not at all irritating in this, and Emma Thompson is reliably great, and this light fare about a couple who have their pensions stolen out from under them and go about getting it back, all the while flirting with getting back together themselves, is light and entertaining.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment