Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2021

Life Circles Around

In the past couple of weeks I have celebrated the wedding of a man who I met within days of his birth and have watched grow up, as well as my parent's anniversary of more than six decades, and my eldest son's anniversary. Yes, I know that June is a popular month to get married, but the confluence of these events, and the fact that we are all together after a year of being mostly apart and deifinitely in small groups has got me thinking. It has definitely been a hard year, but not my worst year. We have weathered some devestating medical diagnoses in my household, and so not really surprising that the isolation of the pandemic wasn't catestrophic for us, even though my spouse got COVID at work and did not just shake it off. He was sick. One of the reasons is that we have strong partnerships all around us, and those relationships really help when the situation dictates that we stay apart from most others. I also aknowledge that I do better with isolation than most, and all this celebrating this June has taken some getting used to, so that helps weather these times as well. I feel like this is helping me to move forward a bit, to be cautiously optimistic that we might be able to get beyond the pandemic and take some steps in the direction of how things used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment