Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)

I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this straight ahead shoot them up chase movie. I do love Samuel L. Jackson and I am fond of Ryan Reynolds, so that could have been a clue, but it wasn't. The dialogue is smart and snappy, and they play off each other very well in between the voluminous gun fire and the occasional bombs going off. The car chases are fun in a slap stick kind of way, and all in all, it was a very enjoyable, if very bloody movie. I can only hope that the sequel, which is of course why we watched this when we did, holds up in comparison. The beauty of this sort of 'take two' movie is that all the acting elements that made this fun are in place, so as long as the script isn't second rate, it should be fun. On top of that there will be people like me who missed this the first time around who will seek it out in advance of watching the newer version. I highly recommend this for the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment