Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

A Toda Madre, Glen Ellyn, IL

I went to a really charming exhibit of Frida Khalo's early work and a review of her life in Glen Ellyn and then had lunch at this restaurant, which is part of the Buen Trucha group of restaurants found in the western suburbs of Chicago. Buen Truecha is in Geneva and is the parent restaurant, and if this is any indication, is also the better of the group. This restaurant had a more narrow menu, but with the same great flavors. The tortillas are flavorful, the taco fillings are excellent, a level above a Tex Mex taqueria, and the setting is very well done. We initially started off at the bar, and then moved to a table when it was available, and both settings were nice. I would definitely not wait for a table because in some ways the bar is funner. The food is good quality, and there are daily specials that augment the menu that you can find on line. I would not seek this out (while I have done just that for Buen Truecha), but if I was in this neighborhood again, I would return.

No comments:

Post a Comment