Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Frida Kahlo, The Early Work

I really enjoyed an exhibit that I went to last month that featured quite a few of the artist's early works. I almost skipped it, thinking it was kind of an expensive exhibit entry price, and that COVID numbers were rising--are Frida Kahlo fans more likely to bbe vaccinated actually crossed my mind--welcome to the pandemic and the continuing realization that some people really cannot think for themselves or sift through facts. But I am glad that I decided to put a medical mask on, pony up the entry fee, because this small and concise examination of her early work points directly to her later and more famous works. She was a beautiful woman who thought she was ugly from an early age, and that sympathy with the grotesqueis a hallmark of her work, and that is true even at the beginning. She is endlessly fascinating and I would encourage seeking out her work where it is shown. It will get you thinking, which is usually a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment