Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Domme, Dordogne, France

After leaving the market in Cénac-et-Saint-Julien we headed what felt like straight up hill, with many a hair pin turn, to the walled medieval city of Domme. I really wich it had not been pouring down rain, because it would have been fun to see the views from atop the hill. As it was we were surrounded with fog and for once I was happy that I am an over packer when it comes to rain gear and I had both a longish rain coat and an umbrella of adequate size.
When we entered one of the two access ways into the city we saw a parking space and took it immediately--all too often we have gotten ourselves into trouble on ever narrower streets and then we have no obvious way out--it turned out not to be necessary, because at the top of the town there was a big open space--probably where the weekly market sets up, and plenty of parking.
The stone that is seen in all these Dordogne River towns is the color of the cliffs, and I find it very warm and inviting, but the other thing that never gets old with me is the doors, and Domme had an abundance of beautiful doors, this being just one example.

No comments:

Post a Comment