Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2016

Wintry Mix

There are very few parts of me that harken back to the years that I spent in California, but on a day like today, where the weather predicts rain going into sleet or freezing rain, followed by snow that I am reminded that despite the 25 years that I have spent in Iowa, and an additional decade on the East Coast that I am still a woman who prefers that the ground be free of ice.  That goes for the roads, the sidewalks, you name it, keep the ice away.

The mid Atlantic seaboard had lots of snow over the weekend, and all my friends and family seem to have fared well in the face of new record snow fall.  While I wouldn't say that I yearn for snow, I do envy them a bit of the white stuff, as we have had a gray and largely snow free winter, but I am just as happy to be inside today, not having to contend with a wintry mix of precipitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment