Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

It is A New Year

This is a new kind of year for me, one where I am not sure what to expect, and so, more than is usually so, I am reflecting on what my hopes are for the year.  First and foremost of course I hope to wrap up or at least reach a level of maintenance in terms of treatment for my cancer.  That would be the highest hope.  Next on the list would be to plan what in fact I would like to do this year, both in terms of accomplishments as well as enjoyment.  These are always equal parts of a new year contemplation, but this year they seem particularly poignant.  Don't forget to give equal weight to both, because they each have their place.
the good news is that what i hope for is mostly what I accomplished in 2015.  I went to some places that I dreamed of going and I was not disappointed in them.  I enjoyed time with my spouse alone, and with my family as a whole.  I have been blessed to have them more or less nearby this past year, and have not squandered that.  My parents moved nearby and that has been good for us, if somewhat stressful for them.  Moving in my 50's was not easy, and I am certain it doesn't get easier in your 80's, but they have been soldiering onward with that, and I think are more or less glad to have done so.  In addition to all that in 2016, I would like to do more crafting in my spare time this next year, and to continue to read course material to my youngest son so that he can continue to be successful in college.  I also want to really take in the numerous acts of kindness and caring that people across my life have shown me in my hours and months of need, and make that part of who I am in the year to come, regardless of what happens.  These may not seem like lofty goals, but I am more or less certain they will keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment