Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2018

Season of New Beginnings

I love this time of year (except for the crippling heat we seem to be having this year, and probably more years than not going forward, given the climate and our profound lack of commitment to doing something about it).  Why?  It is the time when change is in the air all around.  It can happen any time, of course.  One can get married in March or graduate in December, but the density of change seems to peak right about now, and it makes me think about myself and what I want to do when I grown up.
One thing that has changed for me is that my youngest son, the one who has learning differences and whom I helped with college courses, has graduated.  What to do next for me is very real this year, because while he is happy with the change, I am more ambivalent.  In my own undergraduate life, I never took an art history class.  I love art, but it was with more of a sense of what I like rather than any kind of scholarly appreciation.  Now that I have five art history classes under my belt (at least in terms of the reading and the art objects), I am eager for more. Thankfully, in this age, there is a lot of content on line, and yet I feel that the discipline of classes is something I crave.  So time for me to figure out the step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment