Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Incredibles 2 (2018)

Yes, I went to see this in a theater.  My husband's comment?  I wish I had seen this in my living room.  Even though we had a happy family evening out and lots of popcorn, it was just not enough.  The family themed super hero genre seems like one that would appeal to us, I admit. 
Super heroes have been in hiding due to some sort of bad PR that they have gotten, and a brother sister team are out to bring them back into the world's good graces.  In a nod to the changing social landscape, Mr. Incredible stays home with the kids while Elastic Girl goes about saving the day.  As you might imagine, super hero kids are exhausting, because they have both the usual childhood challenges and then they also have super powers, all of which rings true.  The CGI is incredible, there is not question about that, but in some ways it is so good as to feel, well, almost ordinary.  This movie has none of the charm of either Coco or Isle of the Dogs, so while I think I probably have now seen another Oscar nominee for next year (always good to knock a few of them off ahead of time), it didn't wow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment