Search This Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Sweet by Yotam Ottlenghi and Helen Goh

This is the last of the Ottolenghi cookbooks that I do not have (until the new one comes out in October) and while I have had a reputation for baking over the years, and I love all things Ottlenghi (even the cocktails.  Especially the cocktails), I somehow wasn't ready to get into a whole new dessert cookbook.
I took this out of the library and I have tried three things and I have to say, they have all been pretty spectacular.  What I like in a dessert is a moist flavorful cake, not a lot of sweet icing, and fruit is a plus.  I prefer pound cake over a drier style cake with a fancier assembly.  This cookbook delivers in that arena in a way that is inspirational.  The cover is a bit deceiving, because it looks like you are going to need to find fresh fruit that is hard to come by and then assemble it in a way that may or may not test all of your decorative skills. But so far that is not my experience with this cookbook, and it may be that this cover is like the cover of Plenty; beautiful to look at, but not ridiculous to put together.  I highly recommend this to try a recipe out for a dinner you are having for eight to twelve people and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment