Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Castles in the Perigord

Happy New Year! It is the Spring Festival, the Year of the Tiger, and there is a lot to celebrate! Today is my anniversary and I am reflecting not just on this last trip I took with my spouse, but also the past and future trips we have made and have yet to make. I am hoping that I will have a trip in 2022 that rivals the trip I had to the Perigord in 2021. In order to fascilitate that wish, I did manage to get my passport renewed and given that it is a ten year one, am hoping to fill it up with stamps and visas.
I am not sure why there are so many castles in the Perigord--there are at least hundreds and maybe more, but it is easy for me to understand that if in fact I were to build a castle why I might want it there. The towns are managable sized, the food is exceptional, the surroundings are beautiful, and like much of the country, good wine can be grown there as well. Perfect!
May we all be able to travel this year, to enjoy what other countries and cultures have to offer, and while I am sure that masks, proof of vaccination, and possible more shots will remain a reality, none of that impaired my enjoyment of this trip, and while I have realized that this is all here to stay it doesn't mean we can't enjoy the things we used to when we travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment