Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2019

Edith Lucille's Bait Shack and Wing Depot, Marion, Iowa

Many of my family members read a review of this place in a local magazine, and were intrigued.  The Yelp reviews are not quite as good as the restaurant review would suggest, but when one of my son's texted me as I was flying home, I received it in time to put in and order and we met them there.  The decor is consistent.  It is all about the things that you think your spouse should have gotten rid of but he is just too attached to them to do so.  It is located amongst a number of neighbors who have quite a few non-functioning vehicles in their yards, and is right across the street from a corn field, which is really atmosphere.  The thing I liked the very best was the pork tenderloin--it was one of the best I have had, and if I had a hankering for one, this is where I would return to.  The fries were also very good, and the blue cheese dressing that comes with the wings is top notch.  Other items on the menu were good to just okay, but this is what I would go back for.

No comments:

Post a Comment