Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2019

Smashed Potatoes with Green Sauce

I just joined the Food 52 Cookbook Club, and this month's cookbook is The Little Swedish Kitchen.  I made this for a dinner that was high stakes, in that were was definitely going to be great food and guests who were very discerning.  I had made it for a family dinner, and while I thought it was good, thought that there should be more of the green sauce and so I augmented that component.

1 3/4 pounds of new potatoes
3 Tbsp. butter

Green Sauce:
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. cider viengar
2 Tbsp. capers
1-2 Tbsp. honey
2 bunches of greens that can include dill, oregano, tarragon, chives, parsley.

Boil potatoes until tender, in water with some salt.  Put into serving dish, salt and peper them, then dot the surface with butter.
For the green sauce, put all ingredients into a Vitamix or food processor and blend until very smooth.  Dot the surface of the poratoes, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment