Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Becoming by Michelle Obama

I feel severely under powered to review this book seeing as I am probably amongst the last to have read it, at least for a crowd of people who liked and admired the Obamas and are seriously missing their kind of intelligent, thoughtful, and diplomatic leadership.  Maybe it is because the overt racism that has exploded out of the background since their departure from office is so vulgar and disheartening that I didn't want to expose myself to her thoughts on it all.
I should not have worried, she is a proud, smart, and graceful woman.  She reveals maybe more than I would have about deeply private things, but her eye to detail and her commitment to both her spouse and her family is really heart warming.  I enjoyed almost every page of this book, and fully recommend it the few of you who have yet to crack it open.
We are in a one step backward (maybe even two or three steps backwards) regime as of now, but this too will pass, and hopefully it will be in enough time to deal with the very serious crises that face our planet and our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment