Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Fast and the Furious: Hobbes and Shaw (2019)

If you had told my 25 year old self that I would in the future watch each and every fast and furious movie, including a weekend long marathon of the first six, I would have bet big money that that would never happen.  Of course, at that point in my life I also wanted no children, so what a difference a decade can make.  The truth is that with four boys, I have seen many an action and adventure movie, and the pairing of Jason Statham and Dwayne Johnson now seems like a must see to me.
This is exactly as you would expect.  The plot is that Brixton Lorr is a cybernetically enhanced soldier who possesses superhuman strength, a brilliant mind and a lethal pathogen that could wipe out half of the world's population. It's now up to hulking lawman Luke Hobbs (Johnson) and lawless operative Deckard Shaw (Statham) to put aside their past differences and work together to prevent the seemingly indestructible Lorr from destroying humanity.  I watched this on a plane in the run up to the Oscars, which is a perfect place to see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment