Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Reelin' In The Years

Stowin' away the time.
Since I turned 60 this year i have been thinking about change.  When shoud l I retire?  How should I retire? What will the end of our careers look like?  What do we want to do when we have more time?  It should come as no surprise, after all I was 59 right before I turned sixty.  And I have spent ten years in my fifties, yet somehow it seems to have come out of nowhere.
The one thing I have no uncertainty about it who I want to spend these remaining years with.  Today marks 39 years of adventuring through life with the same person at my side, planning some of them and agreeing to others.  We have had a fantastic year of great food, new adventures, adding another granddaughter to our expanding family, soon to have a new DIL (although the truth be told, she has been with us all for several years and we do not require a marriage certificate to add people to our circle of family and those we treat as family).  There have been bumps, do not get me wrong--it has been a bed of roses: beautiful to experience, with some thorns to be coped with, but I am looking forward to another orbit around the sun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment