Search This Blog

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Tradition!

Weddings can be stressful, or so I hear.  I have never put one together, so I can't say with any sort of knowledge base, but people tell me that.  Certainly the wedding of my oldest son was very stressful for me, but it was all related to the food, which my spouse and I were responsible for.  This time around, we do have the desserts on our plate, but be sure, and we are most certainly not people who decorate wedding cakes, so one more hurdle this time around to go. 
All that said, I really love an event where whole families congregate to celebrate a life event.  All my nieces and nephews will be here, as well as their parents, and some relatives that are more distant when it comes to blood, but who have always made the effort to attend these occasions.  My house has been filled, by larder has been emptied, I have relied on friends and family to help pull this off, and it is a very warm feeling indeed.  Rejoice, even though not everything in the world is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment