Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Mask Making Fury

I have been so angry about the federal response to the pandemic.  Nurses working without PPE in New York, how did we come to this?  Obviously because we have a grossly incompetent leader who is aided and abetted by the GOP, who care nothing at all about the people they are elected to represent beyond suppressing the vote and getting re-elected.  That fury has translated into me getting no satisfaction from making masks.  Ordinarily it is an activity that would bring me at least some satisfaction, but no, up until Tuesday I was having none of it.  Then a highly valued coworker set me straight, and she didn't even mean to.  Since the CDC recommended wearing masks in public places, she has been worried.  She doesn't even have a sewing machine, much less the where with all to sew masks.  A light bulb went off.  Really, I need to help people to the degree that I can.  And I have been sewing masks ever since.  Including seven for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment