Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2020

Secret Life of Pets 2 (2019)

Did I enjoy this movie?  I did.  Is it a great animated film?  No, it is not.  The thing is, I have been pretty low energy this pandemic.  I am really impressed at people in history who did great things while they were under lock and key for previous pandemics.  I find the 'what if's' to be inhibiting my ability to watch a movie with a deftly crafted plot, and let's just say, this movie was not taxing.
In this sequel the pets go their separate ways, coming together to save the day at the end, but they have different threads to their stories.   This is unlike other sequels from the year, where Toy Story 4 saw the same toys, new children, How To Train Your Dragon 3 saw same good guys, basically the same bad guys, with a new rescue plan, and Frozen 2 ramped up the magical powers, gave the sisters a new heritage, but saw the team working toward a common goal.  So this is the only bold move about the narrative.  It is like a couple of short stories strung together, in a fluffy manner. I do like that the owner has changed her story, and that time has passed and I did enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment