Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Quarter of a Century

My youngest is a quarter of a century old today. which means that my days of taking care of my babies is long behind me!
There have been moments in the last 23 years that I though he might not it to see this day, and once he was more or less out of the woods from his cancer diagnosis, there was mine to contend with and I thought I might see this day.  But here we are, able to enjoy it together.
We have such an atrociously bad national response to the pandemic, with so many people my age and older who have died as a result of our inability to do the right thing, to stop the virus from wrecking havoc, leaving us with the worst of both worlds: an economy in wreckage, an inability to open schools for our children, and a mounting death toll that continues unabated.  So today I take a moment to marvel that neither he nor I would be here to celebrate this day if we did not have access to great medical care, and the health insurance required to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment