Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Operation Holiday Drop (2020)

This is my last Christmas movie post for a long time.  Never say never, but lets just say I think I have done vanishingly few of these over th more than ten years that I have been blogging.I watched this one while I was recovering from retinal surgery, when I had to lean forward for a period of time in order to promote healing of a hole that had developed right in the middle of my vision.  So it had to be light fare, because after all, I was just waking up from general anesthesia and wasn't up to a thinking man's movie.

This fit the bill for me.  It highlights one of the things about the season that I loved as a child,which is the giving to others.  Strangers especially, to share what you have with those who cannot afford luxuries, like chocolate and oranges, or even necessities, like food and medicine.  This movie, which is a cookie cutter formula of a Christmas movie, don't get me wrong, you would never watch it because it has an excellent script, highlights some of the realities about the South Pacific Islands, included here is one of our very own territories.  Do if you are up for light fare in the season of lights and giving, this may fit the bill for you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment