Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2021

She Wouldn't Change a Thing by Sarah Adlakha

The author is someone that I know, in a way. She was a resident and I was the residency training director, so a professional relationship, made more personal by being a psychotherapy advisor as well. I am underpowered to fill that role, and was at the time, but she was talented and did not need much from me. She has published her first novel and I really enjoyed it. There is a time travel element, which is not well within my loves, but it is well constructed for the non-fantasy lovers amongst us. She opens the novel with a quote, which will become quite prophetic based on the action to come: “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. If you are looking for a novel that will make you think, feel and experience along with the protagonist every single emotion and spiritual dilemma, then you've come to the right place. Dr. Adlakha writes what she knows and constructs a wonderful ride to go along with it--and an obvious jump to a second novel, to boot. Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment