Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2021

French Weekly Markets, Periguex, France

This is the week to reflect on what we have and to give thanks, and I am well up to the task. The thing that I have as a stretch goal is to spend more time in and around the weekly markets that occur in France, to be able to spend enough time in a place to really take advantage of a culture that is built around food.
The fact that you can live in a small town, and not have to leave and still have great access to meats, cheese, seafood and fruits and vegetables is a huge draw for me, and something that I am very jealous of coming from a small midwestern town. I carry things home with me when I travel (France was no exception), the ability to do it as a matter of course would be outstanding.
There is something about these outdoor markets that I find attractive--I had forgotten that but my spouse remembered, and we made three attempts with two successes in our realtively short stay. The French make food shopping fun again!

No comments:

Post a Comment