Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2021

En Cuisine, Brive-la-Gaillarde, France

This is a Michelin Bib gourmand restaraunt (our sweet spot for our Perigord trip)is in an unassuming physical plant both inside and out, but when we looked around, we could see that the food was beautifully displayed and presented, which is more important to us by far. We were almost the last people seated (and would certainly have been turned away if we did not have a reservation), lucky us.
The amuse bouche was both delicious and fun. There were black lentils that resembled caviar, and so forth--I really do love it when it make both me and my mouth smile! The meal was very good--I had a langostine for a started that was spectacular, and my husband's beef tartare was equally delicious for him. The mains were good, and the dessert was delicious and not too fussy.
The sweets with the coffee were also of note. I considered ordering another cup, hoping for a repeat. We savored every bit, and love the European tradition of a nice sweet to go with the bitterness of the espresso. I would definitely return here, and the town has a couple other upscale dining options. Lunch is 35 Euros!

No comments:

Post a Comment