Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Soused Shrimp with Corn

My spouse picked out this recipe, which we were looking at for a pot luck, having already gotten shrimp for another purpose altogether, and I have to say, I was skeptical. A corn and shrimp salad?? He pointed out that if that was my thought, then I was definitely not from the South--which is accurate in every way. My roots are Puritan and the only south I have living in is Southern California. This was fantastic, and the method for perfectly cooking the shrimp is dead on (I was skeptical of that as well). 1-2 Lbs. medium sized shrimp 1 bay leaf 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorns 1 lemon, cut in quarters 3 c. corn 5 sprigs fresh marjoram 2 fresh hot green chiles, split 1 cup scallions, shaved 1 lemon, thinly sliced The Vinaigrette 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 3 tablespoons minced dill or fennel fronds 3 tablespoons white vinegar 2 tablespoons sugar 1/2 cup olive oil Salt and pepper to taste In a large sauce pan place the shrimp in just enough water to cover. Add the bay leaf, peppercorns, and the quartered lemon, squeezed. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Add the corn, marjoram, chile and stir once, remove from heat. Drain and turn into a serving bowl. Remove the lemon and bay leaf. Fold in the scallions and lemon slices. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette until well combined. Pour the vinaigrette over the corn and shrimp. Let stand for 20 minutes tossing occasionally. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment