Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nodo, Iowa City


Nodo, presumably so named because of it's location on North Dodge St., is a wonderful new dining option in Iowa City. The menu is predominated by sandwiches and wraps, but includes salads, a soup of the day, and some of the best french fries in the area.
The location is an unusual one--they share an entrance with Ace Hardware, and I am not sure what their cross-over business is, but my guess would be minimal. My son (who is a frequent hardware store customer, as it turns out) had been trying to get me to try this place for months, but for one reason or another it wasn't until just now that I managed to make my first visit.

There are several things I loved about this place. First, the service was great. Very friendly and homey. There are only a few table in the place--they do catering and pick-up--but they are very comfortable and the music overhead was great. The menu is wonderful. It is rare that I go to a place and find that there are 7 or 8 things on the menu that I would like to try, and while the menu is modest, it definitely met that criteria. I love a sandwich that is warm--I am someone who 96% of work days I brings my own lunch to work. I rarely eat out, and I eat in the hospital cafeteria 2-3 times a year, less if I can manage. So when I go out, I want to have something that I wouldn't be able to heat up in a microwave or eat at room temperature after preparing it that morning. I want something I couldn't get in my every day life--and this is a wonderful place to obtain that experience. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment