Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Carrot Salad


I recently got restarted on a run of cooking with legumes and grains because my SIL was visiting and she went totally vegan about a year ago, and I wanted to make food that she would enjoy--which is also food that I enjoy. I find that when I am cooking for my children rather than solely for myself that I do not tend to make the same sort of foods, but while cooking for her I was also cooking for myself.
This salad is very simple, and focuses more on the sweet than the strictly savory. I used a back of pre=grated organic carrots, which really makes this very easy. I added some minced dried apricots and currants, then tossed the salad with chiffoned mint, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
It was delicious, and a nice contrast with the cabbage salad and the chickpea salad I served it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment