Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quinoa, Corn, and Swiss Chard Chowder


This is a hearty soup, which can be made with any sort of greens.
8 cups stock
1 cup quinoa
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 green chili, minced (other sources of heat can be substituted--jalapenos are in the original Deborah Madison recipe)
1-2 c. corn
one bunch of swiss chard, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
I put the quinoa and stock in to boil a bit, then add the other incredients, and cook until the chard is soft. The original recipe adds feta at the end, which is good too--but I was going more for a vegan soup--having just spent a week with my SIL, who is vegan, in western Iowa, where it is practically impossible to avoid animal food products, I thought about what I love to cook that would work for her, and this is a long time favorite (as is the cookbook it originated from, 'Vegetable Soups').

No comments:

Post a Comment