Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Parra

This is a striking mural at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art done by the Dutch graphic artist, Parra. What do I like about it? First, it is very bold, and yet playful. And very charming. The mural drew me immediately in to the floor, which had two exhibits, one on each sie of the museum. I was hoping for more of this artist's work, but no such luck. Apparently in Holland, there is a big graphic art industry built around Parra--you see T-shirts, hand bags, and posters all over the place. He is a cultural phenomenon. I would love to see a series of T-shirts done with graphics like this--the message being written out--but not quite in a straight forward manner, and accompanied by these sillouettes. It is a style I would like to see emulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment