Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reflecting on a Blog

Embroidered and Beaded Circa 1982
This is my 1000th blog post, so I want to take a step back and reflect on the almost three years that have passed since I started.

I began blogging because I wanted to write more, better, and with fluidity.  It is entirely debatable whether I have improved in the quality of my writing, but I have definitely been writing more than at any other time in my life, I love writing more than I ever have, and it has been much easier to write as the months have flown by since I started to blog.

I would never have guessed just how much I would love blogging, nor would I have predicted that it would become a daily habit. What is it I like? I feel more aware, more thoughtful about my life. I am always thinking "What am I going to write about?" or "This is great blog material." The act of setting up posts, and requiring myself to think about various aspects of my experience has been fun in and of itself.

The picture I chose for this post is the back of a jean jacket that I embroidered in college, and it is a reminder that while I love this, there are other things that I love to do that I am not doing every day, and I would like to change that. I recently moved my extensive--and weighty--fabric collection to my new home. Even though it has been over a decade since I have browsed in a fabric store, I have an impressive collection that I really need to start incorporating into quilts. So may this momentous occasion, my 1000th blog post, jump start my return to quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I anticipate with great pleasure your reports on your return to quilting.

    ReplyDelete