Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Roasted Cabbage and Chickpeas

I usually make cabbage in the fall, but my CSA this summer has been supplying me with a steady supply of it, so I have been getting more creative than just cabbage salads (which I love, and have been making various different ways as well).

I was roasting new potatoes, so I decided that since I had the oven on I would try roasting cabbage, and it was a great success.

6 c. shredded cabbage
2 red peppers, julienned
1/2 onion, diced
6 cloves minced garlic
1 c. chickpeas

Toss the first 4 ingredients in a 9" x 13" pan with 1-2 tbs. olive oil.  Season with salt, pepper, and the flavor profile that you are aiming for--I used Penzey's Singapore spice mix, about a 1/2 tsp., and it was delicious, but you could go Mediterranean as well.  Roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.  Add chickpeas, toss, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment