Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Let me start out by confessing that I do not, nor have I ever, inhabited the Marvel Universe.  So the extent to which this adaptation is faithful to the original is not something that I can comment on.  I watched it with an afictionado who was entirely satisfied, but that is the extent of my ability to discern the quality of the movie on that level.

The story line is pretty straight forward. A band of intergallactic misfits who don't much like one another are thrown together by circumstances that are beyond their control and in the interest of battling a greater evil than they see in each other, they form a team with an odd assortment of personalities and supernatural powers and in the end, good triumphs over bad, at least for the moment.  Vim Diesel does an excellent job inhabiting a plant based life form whose only line until the very end is "I am Groot" with remarkable charm, and overall it is a diversionary bit of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment